restore deleted groups

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Fri Sep 3 18:50:53 EDT 2010

On 09/03/2010 01:44 PM, Florence Gouvrit-Montano wrote:
> Help!!
>
> I am new to pidgin, and trying to configure my different IM services:
> MSN, FB, Gchat & skype.
> Configuring the skype account, I had a list with 500 contacts that I
> didn't wanted to see there because it wasn't IM but phones numbers (All
> my contacts numbers and info!!). I deleted the group and when I went
> back ALL MY CONTACT WERE GONE!

Pidgin does not produce the Skype plugin and we cannot provide support
for using it here.  For Skype specific issues, you should contact the
plugin developers.

However, when you delete a group in Pidgin, it attempts to remove the
contacts in the group as well (as the confirmation dialog explains), so
if the Skype plugin is able to delete your contacts, Pidgin will do so
at your request.

> I need to know how to restore my deleted groups! I didn't intended that
> pidgin deleted all my contacts. I'd rather not use pidgin or disable
> that account than loose everything.

Unless Skype keeps a backup of your contacts (and you'd likely need to
contact their support to find this out), there is unfortunately no way
to recover them.

Kevin