how and where can i install facebook?

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Sep 11 09:09:09 EDT 2010

David Woolley spake unto us the following wisdom:
> David Coulson wrote:
> > Or just use XMPP
> >
> >http://www.insidefacebook.com/2010/02/12/how-to-use-facebook-chat-with-pidgin/
>
> I knew that applied to one of them, but I expected the pidgin.im
> site to make that clear by saying Facebook (using XMPP) in the list
> of supported protocols (as the average Facebook user would never
> have heard of XMPP) and/or to include a note against the reference
> to the third party plugin.  So, in the absence of such notes, I
> assumed it was another one which had the XMPP alternative.

It is in the FAQ.  Regular participants in this list should probably
keep themselves familiar with the FAQ, and/or follow development on
our IRC or XMPP development and support chats.  We have supported
Facebook through XMPP since the day Facebook opened access, and it's
been a FAQ entry since shortly thereafter.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.