Pidgin Cannot Connect

Gareth Botha gdbotha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 02:57:04 EDT 2010

Hi

I installed Pidgin 2.7.3 On my company laptop running windows XP
professional. After entering all my account information the application is
unable to connect. I set up proxy configuration as per Mozilla FireFox proxy
settings. I have Dropbox which works fine with the proxy as well as the
gtalk application.

Subsequently the laptop was upgraded to Windows 7 and the same problem
occurs. Other applications work fine but not Pidgin. I cannot connect using
gtalk, yahoo or even mxit.

What do you suggest I do? Is there a way to obtain more information other
than "cannot connect"?

Regards
Gareth Botha