Question about sending to multiple IM usernames

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Sep 15 11:52:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 08:56:32AM -0500, John Kosar, CMT wrote:
> Hello -- I am a new user to Pidgin.  I set up a buddy list with my contacts
> and am using a plug-in to send them all the same message at the same time.
> However, I just found out today that my contacts can now see my entire list
> of contacts on AIM, which shows up as a group under the same name that I use
> for them on Pidgin.
>
> Is it possible with Pidgin to send a batch IM but to not let the recipients
> see my list or know that I am sending to multiple users?  If so, how do I do
> that?
>
> John J. Kosar

Your buddies now all have, on their buddy lists, the group you created and
sent the message to? That shouldn't be possible simply because you sent
them all the same message.

How did you create the group on your buddy list? Is this an internal XMPP
server? What plugin are you using to mass-IM people?

    -Etan