logging chats

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Sep 18 17:24:46 EDT 2010

David Jackson wrote:
> is the sametime protocol encrypted?

http://meanwhile.sourceforge.net/docs/draft-houri-sametime-community-client-00.txt

Section 5.8.  The answer is "maybe".

However, I agree that you shouldn't be subverting your employer's
policies.  Also, I would be worried about an employer that blocked
logging - most legitimate businesses, these days, are very heavily into
logging.  Blocking logging makes me think of the final hours in front of
Enron's shredders.

Incidentally, sametime support in Pidgin seems to use a third party
library and that library is where the real knowledge of the protocol
will lie.

--
David Woolley