Backing up Buddy Notes

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Sep 28 20:28:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Romeo Big <romeo_big at yahoo.com> wrote:
>     Please help me.
>     I would like to know how to back-up my contact notes.
>     I tried to delete and account and add it up again.
>     The im log stayed but the Contact Notes (using Buddy Notes 2.7.3) was
> erased.
>     So i would like to know where the Notes are saved so i can back them up
> in
> case i need to re install Pidgin or windows.

I think that information is stored in your blist.xml file.  More
information about where that can be found is here:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ConfigurationFiles

Deleting an account deletes that accounts list of buddies from your
local blist.xml file, including the notes.  You can certainly back it
up.  I think maybe if you want to delete an account and re-add it
again, you could follow these steps:
1. Exit Pidgin
2. Make a backup of blist.xml
3. Start Pidgin, delete the account, re-add it, exit Pidgin
4. Copy the old blist.xml back to the original location

--Mark