Pidgin and Active Directory

Julien Garrigue julien.garrigue at fontalvie.fr
Mon Aug 1 03:35:39 EDT 2011

Hi David,

When I think about security I mean data goes outside of our network. We need a messenger between employees and I chose pidgin because of bonjour protocol which doesn't need to connect to a server outside of our network. So my question is : do you know a messenger able to connect to LDAP ?

If I install Novell protocol on my windows server, do you think that pidgin can use it to authenticate users ?

Julien Garrigue

Julien Garrigue