removing accounts

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Aug 13 05:04:27 EDT 2011

kd4kzt at charter.net wrote:
> I was using jabber.org cause my g-mail got hacked
> now that I have started using gmail again I get two accounts on the
> same  conf

This appears to me to be an issue with your conference server operator,
not something to do with Pidgin.

> I have completely wiped my hard drive thinking that would do it but it
> did not

What do you mean by completely wiping.  If you really did this and then
re-installed the OS and Pidgin, pidgin would have no knowledge of any of
your accounts.  The accounts would still exist, but Pidgin wouldn't know
that and wouldn't know they were connected in any way, unless you
connected to one and its server told Pidgin.

> the jabber.org id was kd4kzt at jabber.org <mailto:kd4kzt at jabber.org>
> the gmail is bryanfalls.0169 at gmail.com

The account IDs are of no use to us as we have no control over Jabber,
gmail, the conference server, or your PC.

> <mailto:bryanfalls.0169 at gmail.com>  this is the one I want to keep
> plz help me out so I don’t removed from this confrence

I suspect that is precisely what needs to happen.  The conference
operators need to remove the jabber account from the conference.

To remove an account from Pidgin, you use  Accounts | Manage Accounts ..
  | Delete.

To prevent Pidgin automatically logging into an account, you use
Accounts | Manage Accounts ... and unselect Enabled.

--
David Woolley