1 of 2 gmail/gtalk accounts won't enable

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Aug 15 17:14:51 EDT 2011

David Oliver spake unto us the following wisdom:
> My first gtalk/gmail account would not enable. I connected ANOTHER account
> and that one was able to connect. I have made no changes to either Pidgin or
> Gmail (that I know of) I have search for solutions online and none have
> worked. . . .

You didn't tell us what error you're receiving (either here or on
IRC), but from this:

> ga:client-uses-full-bind-result='true'>password removed</auth>
> (14:23:50) *jabber:* Recv (ssl)(77): <failure
> xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl"><not-authorized/></failure>

... I assume it's invalid username or password.  That almost always
(five nines or so) means you've typed your username or password wrong.
Check your username in the accounts dialog, and retype your password.

Ethan