FW: Question about Pidgin logs

Russell Hermans russ_hermans at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:02:20 EDT 2011

What about the "Close IMs immediately when the tab is closed" feature?  When I have that unchecked it preserves the chat for a seemingly random amount of time.  Sometimes it preserves the chat for an hour, sometimes 2, sometimes only 20 minutes it seems like.  What's behind the mechanical room door here?  Is there a registry tweak I can make that will make it preserve the conversation longer?
Thanks.

pidgin's logs work on a per-chat-window basis, not a per-day basis.
    This is by design (and it works well for those of us that chat from
    multiple computers and want to merge our logs)

    I don't think there is any sort of per-day logging option, although
    I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

    --
Dave Warren, CEO
Hire A Hit Consulting Services