Need assistance with Purple Plugin Pack and group IM feature.

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 11:55:15 EDT 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:30:59 -0500
Joe Tadros <dkman610 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian and thank you!
> I am the administrator/builder of this machine, I have no other profiles
> on this computer.  I have the pidgin purple plugin pack, and do not
> see any .dll files in that folder.

OK, well first please would you reply to the mailing list address, not
directly to me (no Cc: needed either thanks) as then this exchange is
archived so that others can see the answers to their questions in the
list archives.

If you have no dlls in the plugins directory (actually check that there
are none in the Program Files (x86)\pidgin\plugins directory as Pidgin
on Windows is a 32 bit program and will have installed there) then
this is why it isn't working for you.

If there is still nothing there, that is puzzling as Pidgin will have
put some dlls there for the plugins that come with the basic program,
but that could be down to the (x86) part of the path as I mentioned
above.

What you need to do is to download the zip file with the plugin pack
dlls contained within it (you probably have this already), then extract
those files into the above mentioned directory and restart Pidgin. Then
you will need to open the plugin list using Tools->Plugins and enable
and configure those plugins that you wish to have available.

HTH.

> It's better to be right than smart.

We live in hope that we might become smart one day, it's just a shame
that so few of those that are stand for election.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde