Problem with Pidgin (Linux) download

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Aug 23 08:13:20 EDT 2011

Hi Syamalarao,

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:13:42 +0530
syamalaraotsn at bel.co.in wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am SYAMALARAO.
>
> I tried downloading pidgin 2.10.0 ( The free Pidgin chat client which runs
> on Windows and Linux/UNIX.), but download is not getting started.
>
> But i am able to download for Windows from the below link:
> http://pidgin.im/download/windows/
>
> Now i am willing to download for Linux from the below site:
> http://pidgin.im/download/
>
> But download is not getting started. I am sure this is not browser
> problem, i checked with Mozilla & Inter Explorer.
>
> Please provide me with an alternative link downloading pidgin for
> Linux(Red Hat).

1. What do you mean by "Mozilla"? The standalone Mozilla browser has been
deprecated in favour of Firefox, which is now at version 6.0. There's also
Seamonkey. What are you using?

2. What do you mean by "Linux (Red Hat)"? Fedora? CentOS? Red Hat Enterprise
Linux (RHEL)? The old Red Hat Linux? What?

3. Are you interested in the source tar ball or in a binary package? Please
look into your distribution's repositories for binary packages.

If you're interested in the sources, see:

http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pidgin/Pidgin/2.10.0/pidgin-2.10.0.tar.bz2

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish