display of chat

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Aug 24 11:48:54 EDT 2011

Samuel Huewe spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I was wondering how I could display the most recent chat messages at
> the top of the window.  It has become a issue that when I am having
> chats going with multiple people and having to scroll down in each
> window to find the most recent is not very productive.

This sounds broken.  The window should automatically scroll as new
messages come in, provided that you are scrolled all the way to the
bottom.  Is this not the case?

What version of Pidgin are you using, on what platform, and what
third-party plugins do you have loaded?

Ethan