1) Missing/too-well-hidden(?) installation requirements; 2) Naming/sorting error in the list of supported languages

Kjell W W Arnøy cdr8bit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 06:42:54 EST 2011

Hello, I just wanted to alert you of two things about the pidgin
website that I found somewhat lacking. I didn't find a specific mail
address for questions relating to the website itself, so I send the
comments to the Translators and Support mailing lists.

1) Nowhere on the Pidgin webpages was I able to find any info on
installation requirements (in my case, for Windows). Is this because
the requirements are so low that any PC is capable of running Pidgin?
If else, a simple list of such requirements would be nice, especially
for those of us with seriously underpowered computers (low on RAM,
&c). If it's just me that didn't see the installation requirements
list, please point me towards it -- but even in the Installation FAQ I
wasn't able to find such a list.

    http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin

2) In the list of supported languages, the "Norwegian Bokmal" item
(actually, "Bokmål", with an "å" [an "a" with a ring on top], but the
"a" is good enough when avoiding non-English-language letters) is
sorted as "Bokmal Norwegian", thus placing the item near the beginning
of the list rather than alongside "Norwegian Nynorsk" where it should
be, and where people will certainly look for it. So please change the
item to its proper name, "Norwegian Bokmal", and put it just in front
of "Norwegian Nynorsk".

    http://pidgin.im/about/

I hope to become a Pidgin user ASAP, as I have just downloaded it for
use with a startup company development group here in the town in
Norway where I live. Keep up the good work -- with the software
providing the only sensible way of using IM systems, all in one
client. :-)

Greetings from the Land of the Midnight Sun (but now in winter, the
land of 'eternal' darkness..),
Kjell W W Arnoy
Kongsberg, Norway
--