Chat History

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Dec 8 11:21:32 EST 2011

Hi Sunnie,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:51:29 +0000
Sunnie Anderson <sanderson at palantir.com> wrote:

> When Persistent search is turned on how far back does it keep a log?
> Shouldn't this log clear if I'm not even logged into Pidgin?

Pidgin may keep logs of conversations under ~/.purple/logs/ depending on the
conversation. For me, it displays the log from the last time you've conversed
with that contact, but it keep everything.

> Is there a way to verify that a log is not being kept by anyone in the chat
> room?

There isn't. There is no control on what the other end-points do with the data
that was received and they are free to log it, record it, store it, or
whatever they desire. They may not even be using Pidgin but a completely
different client that speaks the same protocol.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish