Pidgin Facebook XMPP

Ellaf Mohsin littlebutterfly24 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:29:29 EST 2011

Hi there,

I have been using Pidgin for a while, and I have version 2.7.11. I have added my Facebook account as XMPP and it was working fine until a few days ago. All my Facebook friend lists are now being merged under "Facebook Friends", and every time I reconnect, all the display pictures of my facebook contacts disappear (and only reappear when that particular contact comes online). In addition, I have selected the "show when offline" option for a lot of my contacts, but those settings also disappear every time I reconnect.

I have tried removing my Facebook account from Pidgin completely, and then re-adding it, but nothing seems to help. Is there any way you can help me with this issue? I know someone had posted online that they have the same problem with Pidgin 2.10, so I don't think an update would solve the issue. Do you think that the "Facebook Chat for Pidgin Plugin" would help (http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-facebookchat/)?

Thanks :)