Fw: Viewing conversations when logged out

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Dec 27 13:56:34 EST 2011

Rick Ruiz wrote:

>     If I logged out or disabled the account is it possible for anyone to
>     access and view my conversation logs?   I have logged in remotely
>     and was able to see my last conversation when I pull up pidgin
>     without logging back in

This is all to do with the service provider and very little to do with
Pidgin.  Pidgin maintains local logs.  Your correspondents may maintain
local logs, which include their conversations with you.  Some providers
may synchronise the two logs when both are logged in at the same time.

Skype, using native clients, will synchronise logs wen any two
participants in a conference log in.

--
David Woolley