Pidgin Custom font help.

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Dec 29 12:08:32 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:09, Jason Lesch <jasonlesch at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to use custom fonts which I downloaded, in Pidgin... It
> seems to allow all the standard font's by I don't see the option for my
> custom font.
>
> Please advise me on how to fix this.
> I am using windows 7

If the font doesn't appear in the available list, it most likely is
not supported by the GTK+ stack (I think Pango is responsible for
interfacing with fonts, but it could be Fontconfig).

Most font types supported by Windows are also supported by GTK+, but
there are a few that are not (either because the font is malformed or
it falls in some category that isn't handled).

There probably isn't anything you can do apart from debugging what it
is about the font that makes it not available and filing a bug (or
even better, a patch) to the upstream component that is responsible.

-D