Gmail username in chat windows

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:05:55 EST 2011

I have a related problem that while yahoo ids of all users show only
the first part of email id (without @yahoo.com etc.), gmail ids of all
users are shown full id (including @gmail.com). That goes long and
doesn't allow to decrease the width of main pidgin window.

While GTalk software shows not the id but the full name the person has
attributed to that id, pidgin shows email ids.

Any method to have the gtalk default display in pidgin, or having at
least just the first part of the id (without @gmail.com).

Thanks.
--
Rawat