Facebook Chat

KaNeka Nuedov Cj_hpr at msn.com
Fri Feb 4 02:11:28 EST 2011

Help please, I seem to be able to connect to AIM, ICQ, MSN, MySpaceIM, and Yahoo, but I am unable to connect to Facebook Chat.  Below are the steps I've taken in an attempt to set up my Facebook Chat:

  1.. I logged out and back in again on Facebook so I know I have the log-in email address username and password correct.
  2.. I have tried using my Facebook username on the account login options instead of the email address, but that does not work either.
  3.. I have also deleted the Facebook account entry, installed pidgin-facebookchat-1.69 exe in the Pigin folder, installed the files, and re-did the Facebook account entry.
    1.. Question:  what is supposed to go in the account 'Resource' entry?  The facebook account is the only one requesting a 'Resource' entry.
      1.. I receive the error message: ... [my log-in email address]@chat.facebook.com Facebookchat Network disabled.  Invalid XMPP ID
Can you please advise me how to properly set up my Pigin Facebookchat account?

Thank you ...

Cj