Fixed, No Thanks

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Feb 8 12:50:25 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 09:08 -0800, Michael Wolf wrote:
> the solution to the problem was simply changing the login information

As I said before, I'm not an ICQ expert. By "changing the login
information", do you mean you had the wrong username or password, or
something else?

In any case, you probably still have some sort of problem with your
Ubuntu package setup. In your last private email to me, you said Pidgin
said it was 2.6.6, but Synaptic says you have libpurple0 2.7.9. You
either have a second copy of Pidgin in your PATH, specifically version
2.6.6, or your pidgin package doesn't match your libpurple0 package.

Richard