SSL Certificate Verification issues

Don Keeney donnyk2 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:07:39 EST 2011

Recently I started getting SSL Certificate Verification issues on AIM, with Pidgin. The following would come up:
Accept certificate for bos.oscar.aol.com?

The certificate for bos.oscar.aol.com could not be validated.

The certificate has expired and should not be considered valid.  Check that your computer's date and time are accurate.

And it has buttons to view the certificate, or Reject or Accept it. No matter what happens, whether I click Accept or Reject, the next time I log in it comes up again. It's quite annoying and I'm not sure what to do. How am I supposed to be able to fix this?