Chat Logs + LibraryH3lp

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Jan 3 17:15:22 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 15:22 -0500, Alida Visser wrote:
> My library is using LibraryH3lp through the Pidgin interface (desktop
> version). The problem I am having is that even though Chat Logs are
> not selected, the chat logs are still being saved to our library
> computers. I am attaching a picture.

No picture was attached.

> Is there a way I can turn off the chat logs and stop them from saving
> to the computer?

Try this:
Tools -> Preferences -> Logging -> uncheck the three checkboxes

If that's what you mean by "Chat Logs are not selected", then you'll
have to provide more information. Keep in mind that disabling logging
stops Pidgin from writing new logs, but doesn't delete existing files;
you'll have to delete them yourself.

Richard