pidgin ubuntu ppa repository

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jan 7 17:02:35 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 10:50 -0500, Jim Emmel wrote:
> Is something wrong with the Pidgin ubuntu ppa repository for Ubuntu
> Hardy? I ask because I can not update Pidgin beyond 2.5.5. Any help
> would be appreciated.

I've stopped supporting anything less than Lucid [0] because the package
doesn't build cleanly. It could be made to work with some effort, but
it's more than I'm willing to put it and nobody else has volunteered to
help.

Support for Hardy on the desktop ends in 4 months, so while I did quit
early, it's not too far away.

Richard

[0] http://pidgin.im/download/ubuntu/