my pidgin can not transfer file

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jan 22 05:56:31 EST 2011

David Woolley wrote:

> Also please submit a bug report on your email program.  It has placed a
> ",", outside of quotation marks, in the human readable part of the name,
> in the From: header.  Although this is slightly obscured by the coding

Please ignore this.  Having checked RFC 2047, it looks like Thunderbird
is at fault here.  However, given the relative popularity of
Thunderbird, it may be advisable to avoid the "," anyway.  I'm using an
old Thunderbird, so it may have been fixed, but there are many
Thunderbird bugs which are many years old.

--
David Woolley