get buddy list from Sametime server?

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon Jan 24 23:47:17 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:07:40AM +0000, Victor Reiner wrote:
> I can arrange access to a server if someone is interested in helping out.  Even if someone can just look at the existing code and tell me if the feature exists or not, that would at least tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree or not.
>
> Thank you!
>
> -=Victor=-

I believe this used to be an option that was controllable in pidgin but
that got lost during a policy change on where protocols can expose options
and has never been fixed (because the Sametime support is unmaintained).

If you check your ~/.purple/prefs.xml file you should find a
/plugins/prpl/meanwhile/blist_action preference (each part of that 'path'
is a nested tag, search for blist_action and you should find what you
need). That pref is likely set to 1 by default (which corresponds to
'local only') if you change it to 2 you may get what you want (that's
'merge from server').

You may also want to try 3 (merge from and save to server) or 4 (sync with
server).

I don't know what they all do exactly and can't tell you much more than
that they are there, hopefully one of them does what you need.

Access to a Sametime server would most likely be useful but I'm not sure
we currently have anyone in a position to make use of it to any real
effect. Patches are always welcome however.

It should be pointed out that the actual protocol implementation is the
meanwhile library and that pidgin simply uses that so any protocol level
changes would need to be made there.

    -Etan