Text shortcuts - Pidgin

Élise Anne Basque elise-anne.basque at polymtl.ca
Tue Jan 25 10:39:51 EST 2011

Hi!

Is there a way to create text shortcuts to use in Pidgin conversations? I
use Pidgin to answer questions from patrons in a library. Text shortcuts
are really useful when you have to send always the same messages. For
example, I would like to type “ctrl+0” and it would send the message “Hi,
thank you for sending us your question. I am currently answering another
question but I will be with you in just a minute.” Text shortcuts (or
Quick texts) are a feature of Messenger Plus! Live, an add-on to Windows
Live Messenger.

Thank you!

Elise Anne Basque