Facebook - Pidgin unreliable ever since recent facebook chat changes.

Les Fenison les at fenison.org
Sun Jul 10 15:20:37 EDT 2011

Not all chat transmissions come thru to pidgin from Facebook.    When in
chat, if I open up both the facebook web page and use pidgin to chat. I
see some responses coming back from the other person on the facebook web
chat that never show up on pidgin.

I have done the same using mobile applications such as facebook for
iphone, and friendly for ipad.   These apps do get everything as does
the facebook web page chat.  Only pidgin misses incoming chat lines.

The severity is about 1 line out of every 5 that is missing.