Kurdish is not the official language of Turkey

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Jul 13 16:46:21 EDT 2011

Göksel Albeni wrote:
> Kurdish is not the official language of Turkey.Our language is
> Turkish.Fix it or i will report you to court.Kurdish is not official and
> not a common language of Turkey !!!

If you are talking about the installer, the installer only offers
languages which are sufficiently complete for the purposes of displaying
installer messages.  In that case, all you have to do is provide a
sufficiently complete Turkish translation and Turkish will become an
offered language.

I believe, once installed, it is possible to access all the supported
languages, even if some of them are far from complete.

If YOU want to make a political statement, you can always build and
distribute a version of the Pidgin code that has no Kurdish capability
at all.  I think you will have to rebrand it with a name other than
Pidgin (trade marks), and you should make the help point at your support
mailing list, not this one (it is difficult to support modified versions).

--
David Woolley