Config settings for PIDGIN

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu Jul 28 11:59:06 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:49:54AM -0400, Mauviel, Normand P wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> I need to set the config as we would like to install Pidgin client to
> our image and therefore create set entries.
> In account we would like to populate the Protocol, Doamain and Resource
> entry from the Basic TAB and also at the Advanced TAB populate the
> connect port and empty File Transfer proxies and the Proxy TAB default
> to no proxy.
>
> Where can I do these?
>
> Thanks for your help

Those are account properties and as such are defined in the accounts.xml
file. You can ship a mostly-configured accounts.xml file with your image
but you may need a placeholder username (as opposed to a blank one) since
I'm not sure what pidgin will do with an account without a username being
read from the file.

    -Etan