Pidgin and Active Directory

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Jul 31 18:17:53 EDT 2011

Julien Garrigue wrote:

> I've heared that we can use Active directory username/password to log in
> pidgin. Could you explain to me how to do it ?

You can't log in to Pidgin; you can only use it to log in to various
services.  Use of active directory for authentication is likely to be
implemented in the server for that service, not in the client.
Certainly the string "active directory" appears nowhere in the Pidgin
source code (version 2.7.9 scanned).

Which service are you trying to access, and why do you think that Active
Directory might help and might need support within Pidgin?

--
David Woolley