Priorities

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu Jun 9 22:47:31 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 01:50:32PM -0400, James McGuinness wrote:
> Hate to beat a dead horse, as it seems this had come up a lot. FAQ says:
> *Pidgin (more specifically, libpurple) does not currently support
> user-configurable priorities. We have a non-configurable priority list that
> is used: *
<snip>
> Have to say I'm baffled as to why this isn't configurable, seems simple
> enough...

One of the main reasons pidgin doesn't support user configuration of this
is because it is almost never a useful thing to do and it makes it too
easy to mess up delivery of messages (well more likely made at this point,
default server behaviour is migrating towards a more friendly default).

Not to mention that a good interface for doing that (that is even remotely
sane and comprehensible to anyone who isn't an xmpp expert) is difficult
(and would really need to be tied in to the status system to be most
useful).

    -Etan