Building Pidgin 2.8.0 on Fedora 14 fails

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jun 10 22:14:46 EDT 2011

The error message (the relevant part anyway) is:

gevolution.c: In function 'get_config_frame':
gevolution.c:450:36: error: 'GTK_POLICY_AUTO' undeclared (first use in this function)
gevolution.c:450:36: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[4]: *** [gevolution.lo] Error 1

I would have expected this to work ok on a recent Fedora. I've built
many of the recent Pidgin versions throught the 2.6 and 2.7 series and
it has been fine until now.

Any ideas what the problem might be? I took the 2.7.11 src rpm from
Fedora's Koji packages and edited the spec file a little to remove the
unnecessary patch and fix up the version.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde