Pidgin - yahoo - Not on Server list

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Sat Jun 11 17:50:04 EDT 2011

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 18:15:18 +1200, Gordon Stewart
<gordonisnz at gmail.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>How do I know a person is 'blocked' & how do I unblock them ?
>
>The persons status is "offline"  & "not on server list".
>
>I'm using Pidgin 2.6.6 on Ubuntu 10.04.
>
>Ps there is a red circle with a line through it - on the right side of
>the user-list against the persons name.

That's a reasonably ancient version, but I don't think it's changed in a
good long while.

You can manage all of your blocked status and other privacy settings
under Tools --> Privacy, select the account in question and adjust your
settings as needed.

You can also right click on the individual in your buddy list and block
or unblock.

However, I think that the red circle indicates something other than a
block, take a look at what a blocked icon looks like:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#Whatdotheiconsnexttomybuddymean

The red circle helpfully isn't documented anywhere that I could find in
22 seconds of Google searching, but I think it might indicate that the
buddy isn't recognized by the server or similar; if I had to hazard a
guess, I'd unblock (if needed), ensure that they haven't blocked you,
then delete the contact and re-add them, but this is just a guess.