pushing IMs to iphone

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Jun 18 19:38:18 EDT 2011

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 12:39:07 -0500
John Tretbar <johnp.tretbar at eagleradio.net> wrote:

> I use pidgin for notifications from the weather service, and I'm having
> trouble pushing those messages to my iPhone.  I'm new to both iPhone and
> Pidgin.  I came close with a product called notifo.  But I hit a roadblock
> when the notifo instructions simply said copy the notifo.dll to the pidgin
> plugins file.
>
> There was no dll provided.
>
> Help.  Think of me as a blank slate: I need very detailed help here.
>
> jpt

I think you can get the notifo plugin from here, you need the win32
version:

https://code.google.com/p/gtk-ftischhauser-notifo/downloads/list

So, download it, then extract the dll you need. Put it in the Pidgin
plugins directory, it will be in the Program files hierarchy, you'll
need to follow it down until you get to where you want. Then restart
pidgin and open the plugin preferences, enable the Notifo plugin and
configure it (I've never done this, I'm describing a generic plugin
configuration sequence).

Does this help?

--

Brian Morrison