report issue

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 21 12:49:20 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:01:36AM -0400, nmorrow at evansincorporated.com wrote:
> I've recently started using Pidgin with my team at work but
> unfortunately, none of us are able to add users through the tool.  Is it
> designed to allow users to add people through the tool or are we only
> able to add contacts individually through gmail, yahoo, etc.

The Buddies menu in the buddy list and the Conversation menu in the
convresation window both have Add Buddy/Add menu items. (Though the
conversation menu item is broken for some protocols in 2.8.0.)

But I'm assuming you found those and are having some other problem.

What protocol(s) are you using? What are you trying exactly? What is
happening exactly? What error(s) are you getting? What does the
Help->Debug Window say when you try to add a buddy?

    -Etan