Where is Spell Check? Version 2.7.11

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Jun 21 13:04:42 EDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:45:18 +0100
"Paul Trueman" <paul_trueman at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there, I really would help if I could, but as ever, I find that
> anything related to Linux, even though Pidgin works with Windows too,
> seems to be very labour intensive.  Pidgin is potentially good, but
> in it's present mix and match form, it's a complete waste of time
> even for the average computer scientist.  I've got more important
> things to do that waste time configuring chat programs.   I don't
> know what planet these people are on.

Well I'm sure that you would get more recognition for that view if you
replied to the list address rather than directly to me and hence
increased your audience. It's very easy to change the address, even if
your MUA doesn't do it for you.

I use Pidgin on both Windows and Linux, I have working spell checking in
both cases, installed and configured with essentially no effort beyond
a few package selections on Fedora and a couple of clicks on Windows.
Adding plugins is actually clunkier on Windows, but that's because the
additional plugins are not part of Pidgin itself and creating an
installer is much more difficult on Windows than creating a package is
in most Linux distros.

--

Brian Morrison