buddies showing constantly as off-line

Catherine Day catherine_day at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 21:11:23 EDT 2011

Thank you for your response.

This is a new problem in the last month or so.  I have been using Pidgin for
a couple of years.  I have had the same buddies, no one new in over a year.
I only have a handful of buddies.    There have been no changes to carriers,
etc, either on my end or theirs.  We are in Canada, so all have different
internet providers which have worked as I said up until recently.  No one
shows as being on-line at any time, even when I am actively chatting with
them.  I apparently often show as off-line when I am actually on-line.  Even
if I am showing as on-line my picture, which used to show, no longer shows.
The reason I mentioned AOL is in the FAQ section there was a mention of a
problem with AOL if you had over 500 buddies.

I have tried updating to version 2.8 and it's still the same.