Pidgin RPM for Enterprise Linux 5?

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon Jun 27 21:34:17 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 02:18:29PM +0400, Ivan Kuznetsov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Will maintainers planning to make sources buildable under Enterprise Linux
> 5 and clones?
>
> I don't see any RPMs for EL5 after 2.7.11 (and can see only Ubuntu links
> for Linux binaries). Sources of Pidgin 2.8 and 2.9 has the pidgin.spec file
> inside but the .configure script requires GLib 2.16.0 or newer to build
>
> Is Pidgin support for RPM-based Linux distros dropped?

http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2011-June/010385.html

I'm not aware of what, specifically, the ES5/etc. issues were but the
pidgin provided RPM repositories were best effort (and as indicated aren't
possible anymore).

I don't know if the issues with ES5 are severe enough to prevent building
at all or only building on the machines that had previously been used.

    -Etan