Pidigin is "Hay Wire"

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Mar 5 18:13:02 EST 2011

Dennis Lord wrote:
> When I FIRST down loaded Pidgin,it worked fine.Now when I open the buddy
> list,the on-line buddy's aren't there,on the list.When I sent a
> message,I get this:*_You are not permitted to do that.
> What is the problem?    How do I fix pidgin?

There was a previous report involving that message that turned out to be
from a third party, Facebook, plugin, that is not supported here.
Facebook can also be accessed via XMPP.

If this is  not the problem, you are going to have to say which service
you were trying to use.

Note I was unable to find this message in the official Pidgin code.

--
David Woolley