Pidgin 2.7.3 and KDE4 - something wrong?

Andersen, Jan jandersen at informatica.com
Mon Mar 14 12:27:47 EDT 2011

I'm not quite sure what is going on here, but I hope somebody out there can help. I have just installed Debian 6 and the version of Pidgin that comes with it (2.7.3). The first time I started it up, I added my two MSN accounts and chatted happily for a while. After having rebooted the machine, however, I find it simply doesn't connect any more - it just hangs there, waiting for network connection. Is this a known problem? I assume this isn't Pidgin that has an error, but where do I start in order to debug this?