Pidgin, Gmail/Google Talk

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 28 18:04:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:43:14PM +0100, John Wall wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to get my Pidgin 2.7.11 to work with my Gmail/Google Talk
> account on a Windows 7 computer. It was working previously on my computer,
> but all the sudden it stopped working. I keep getting a message saying
> "Unable to connect". I've checked my username and password several times,
> but it still does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> -John

Have you read the FAQ? There is at least one (and possibly two, I'd have
to double check to be sure) entries about sudden (and not-so-sudden) loses
of connectivity for Google Talk.

They include debug window output to look for, commands to run to verify
the problem they discuss, and workarounds if correct solutions cannot be
used.

    -Etan