GoogleTalk becomes XMPP (was: Re: a little problem, pls help)

ChO₂ chemistrydioxide at quantentunnel.de
Wed Mar 30 08:18:51 EDT 2011

This is by design. GoogleTalk uses XMPP like all other XMPP services
(e.g. jabber.org, jabber.cz, gmx.net, ...). The GoogleTalk option was
only added because some people mistakenly thought that GoogleTalk was
not supported by Pidgin. Are you having trouble with connecting to
GoogleTalk?

Cheers,
ChO2