Different sounds for different chat rooms

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue May 3 00:33:42 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 11:04:14AM -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> it's likely because there isn't an easy answer, which
> means you're going to have to get plugin-writing.
>
> Ethan

And indeed the only answer I'm aware of would be to use a plugin. There
used to be, and might possibly still be I'm not sure, a plugin called
SmartEar which, as I recall, attempted to do this sort of fancy sound
notification control. If it stille exists it might give you the control
you want. If not it might still be a fairly good starting point for
getting what you want done.

    -Etan