help install in xubuntu 7.10

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed May 4 03:10:36 EDT 2011

light yagami wrote:
> den no way to download the version 2.2. or more to 2.4 pidgin for
> xubuntu 7.10 as it conflicts with the update I can not update because
> the computer I own now does not handcuff update the necessary packages
> for new releases
> thanks

Your machine translation contains several wrong words, and, as a native
English speaker, I find it difficult to understand.

I think you are saying that you want to install a version of Pidgin
between 2.2 and 2.4 but can't find one to download.  You want to do this
because the latest versions would require you to update the operating
system and you do not have the packages that perform the updates.

Please be aware that the current version is 2.7.11 and many services,
including the Microsoft ones, will no longer work with version 2.4.  You
are using an email address from a Microsoft service, so it is likely
that you will want to use the corresponding instant messaging services.

"handcuff" is a particular bad translation.  I can't guess the correct word.

--
David Woolley