Different sounds for different chat rooms

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu May 5 11:18:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 10:33 -0400, Etan Reisner wrote:
> Be very careful what chat rooms you join with that loaded. Without
> sufficient sanitization (which you don't appear to even be attempting)
> that's a gaping security hole for malicious chat room names.

Instead of this:
    my $cmd = "/usr/bin/espeak \"$convtitle\"";
    #Purple::Debug::info($logname, "$cmd\n");
    eval {
    	system($cmd);
    }

You probably want something like this (untested):
    my @args = ("/usr/bin/espeak", $convtitle);
    if (system(@args) != 0) {
        Purple::Debug::error($logname, "espeak command failed");
    }

Richard