Enabling / Blocking account

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon May 16 10:33:35 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 05:53:10PM +1200, Gordon Stewart wrote:
> Basically i've got a "friend" I dont want to see (Yahoo / Pidgin)...
>
> If I remove them, they're off my screen - But will that automatically
> remove me off their screen ?
>
> or is blocking the only way ?

I don't believe (though I'm not overly familiar with Yahoo!) that removing
someone from your list will remove yourself from theirs. If that's correct
then in order to prevent them from seeing you you would need to block
them.

That being said if all you want is to not see them (and they aren't
constantly messaging you in ways you don't like) simply removing them from
the buddy list sounds like it'd be enough to me.

    -Etan