Pidgin for Blackberry OS Smartphone

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed May 18 12:12:08 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 07:13:15AM +0000, Bambang Sumantri, SP wrote:
> When pidgin app can use in blackberry OS Smartphone, I like this app and using in my computer office, I suggest in next update this software can use in blackberry OS Smartphone, so I can open the pidgin mobile

This isn't something that can just magically be done instantly.

Doing this would require every pidgin dependency library to exist for
Blackberry (which I'm all but certain they do not) and even then unless
there was a way to build pidgin for Blackberry directly (which again,
there isn't) it would require a rewrite of pidgin in something that can
run on Blackberry.

In short this isn't something that will likely ever happen let alone just
magically happen for the next update.

See also: http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4769 for a previous request
for this.

    -Etan