question about keyboard configuration

Wouter van der Putten confettikoter at live.nl
Fri May 20 11:54:15 EDT 2011

Hey there support of Pidgin

I recently downloaded Pidgin because I don't accept Windows Live Messenger
2011. I'm pretty fond of pidgin, but I only have one question

You see, when I want to do this; :'D in Pidgin, the program automatically
makes it like this: :´D. Can you see the difference? How do I change that?
It also happens when you want to make an é for example. Pidgin does it
automatically with the strangest letters. Like ś and ź, while I maybe wanted
to write mrs's . Catching my drift? Do you have a solution to fix that?

Regards,

Wouter van der Putten