How to Setup Pidgin to Eyeballchat.com

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Sun Nov 6 22:08:52 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 02:29:18AM +0800, zul mack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you help me to set up pidgin account so I can use in Eyeball Chat?
>
> Thanks

>From a short poke around the Eyeball Chat website (which, like many,
corporate websites is chock-full of pointless text) I gathered that their
IM Server (as compared to their various other services and products which
have nothing to do with connecting to them in a way that would make the
initial question makes sense) is claimed to be using xmpp.

If that's the case, and the haven't done horrible things to the protocol,
connecting pidgin to your local (I'm assuming) instance of the software
should be as simple as configuration an xmpp account in pidgin with the
correct username and hostname (and possibly port number, connect server,
and tls settings).

Beyond that I really couldn't say without significantly more information.

All that being said the point stands that if your goal here is to use the
fancy voice and video stuff that is not going to work with pidgin (on
Windows) at the moment (and quite possibly wouldn't work with pidgin even
if pidgin did support voice and video chatting in general, on Windows, at
the moment).

    -Etan